Tuesday, May 21, 2013

more nice weather

We got up into the 80s this weekend--perfect for a long bike ride along Chicago's lakefront. We went all the way from the north side to a detour in downtown's Grant Park to 47th street, where there's a quiet little beach that is my boyfriend's favorite (hope I didn't ruin it for him, but no one reads this blog anyway).

My annual photo of Buckingham Fountain. It's modeled after one in Versailles but is much bigger. It's such a tourist attraction but it's still one of my favorite spots in the city because it makes me so happy. Apparently spraying water releases positive ions, so it's all just a chemical reaction. Whatever, I'll take it.

Need to do some weeding around here.

Boyfriend actually jumped into the lake. Water temperature was about 54 degrees--not quite icy enough to cause instant hypothermia but still more than just bracing. I'll wait until about July, when it's warmed up a bit.

Unfortunately I don't think there will be too much bike riding along the lake or going for a dip this Memorial Day weekend, as the temperatures are only supposed to get into the 60s. We are really getting hosed this spring. Every day that it's nice weather, I have to make sure to enjoy it fully, because who knows how long it will last?

No comments:

Post a Comment